Sample Teaching Portfolios
A variety of online teaching portfolios
- Don G. Wardell, Department of Management, University of Utah
- John Hadjimarcou, Department of Marketing & Management, University of Texas at El Paso
- Glen Bull, Teaching Education, University of Virginia
- Joseph Braun Jr., College of Education, Illinois State University
- Mable Knizie, Education, University of Virginia
- Ann Nevin, College of Education, Arizona State University West
- Kye S. Hedlund, Department of Computer Science, University of North Carolina
- Nathan W. Scott, Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering, University of West Alabama
- John Pais, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- P.Q., Clinical Discipline, University of Washington
- Carolyn F. Austin, Department of English and Comparative Literature, University of California
- Guisseppe Cavatorta, Italian Studies/Language & Linguistics, UCLA
- Nancy Chick, Department of English, University of Georgia
- Bruce H. Wagner, Department of Mathematics, University of Western Australia
- Eduardo Bringa, Physics Department, University of Virginia
- Jeffrey Allen Phillips, Department of Physics & Astronomy University of California
- John R. Meyer, Department of Entomology, NC State University
- Michele Costabile Doney, Biological Sciences, Michigan State University
For more information, the following references are available from the CETaL Library:
- Seldin, Peter and Associates. 1993. Successful Use of Teaching Portfolios. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing. -- Chapter 8 presents 17 samples from various fields (including 7 from Texas A&M Univ.).
- Seldin, Peter. 1997. The Teaching Portfolio: A Practical Guide to Improved Perfomance and Promotion/Tenure Decisions, 2d. ed., Bolton, MA: Anker. -- Chapter 11 presents 23 samples from across the disciplines (and 14 institutions).
- O'Neil. Carol and Alan Wright. 1997. Recording Teaching Accomplishment: A Dalhousie Guide to the Teaching Dossier, 5th ed. Halifax, NS: Dalhousie University Office of Instructional Development and Technology. -- pp. 75-94 shows complete portfolios (1 in biology, 1 in business administration).
CETaL is eager to link to online portfolios of teachers at UTEP, email us for more information.