The proposal selection committee selects the most relevant and innovative proposals to feature at the Sun Conference. Reviewers do not know the identity of the proposer, nor do proposers know the identity of reviewers. The following are the five primary evaluation criteria used in the review of proposals:
- Clarity and coherence of the session description and plan.
- Relevance to issues concerning teaching and learning.
- Adherence to session format requirements.
- Likelihood that the session will provide useful information, skills, and/or ideas.
- Contributions to new or innovative practices.
- Probability that the session will stimulate active engagement of participants.
- Probability that the session can jump start scholarship of teaching and learning studies.